- Stretching as opposed to inflexibility.
- Uncomfortable as opposed to settling for what you are used too.
- New battles as opposed to just waiting for something to happen.
- A new mindset as opposed to a negative mind set (The spies).
- Hard work as opposed to resistance to effort
- The ‘land’ is usually occupied as opposed to as opposed to the wilderness.
Joshua 3:14-16 When the people set out to cross the Jordan, the priests who were carrying the Ark of the Covenant went ahead of them. Now it was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river’s edge, the water began piling up at a town upstream called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the city of Jericho.
God wants to lead us. He wants His presence to go before us. The Ark represented the presence of God. Don’t go anywhere, if you are not sure that the presence of God is leading you in that direction. Without the presence of God in our lives, no land is worth possessing!